Air Duct Mold
Air Duct Mold and bacteria in your home can pose serious risks to your health. Regular inspection and cleaning of your air ducts by a Pur-Vent qualified professional will help to preserve the quality of air that you and your family breathe on a daily basis.
According to the CDC, mold can cause a number of health-related issues. These can include irritations of the upper respiratory tract, coughing, wheezing, and the exacerbation of asthma symptoms. It has been noted that exposure to mold can cause respiratory issues in children that are otherwise healthy.
Mold grows in places where there is moisture. Air ducts are a prime breeding ground for mold spores, primarily because they provide a dark environment with fluctuating humidity. Homes located in humid climates tend to have a greater amount of moisture build-up in air ducts. This is problematic because mold can build over time, leaving homeowners unaware of potential dangers that can be lurking in air vents.
As mold grows in air ducts, pollutants and spores are spread throughout the home. This can cause illness. Medical professionals recommend cleaning for your air ducts that is performed by a trained HVAC professional. Pur-Vent can also check for air leaks and proper air flow to all the areas of your home, resulting in greater heating/cooling efficiency.
Air duct mold can develop quickly. The best practice is to make professional cleaning a part of your regular home maintenance routine. A thorough job is best left to those who have the equipment and expertise to do it properly.
No one can put a price on the health of their family. Being a responsible homeowner means providing a safe living environment for your loved ones. Air duct mold can be a silent conveyor of ill health. Staying on top of things now will prevent long-term problems.
Air Duct Mold
If you already have one which has not been serviced in a while then you should call Pur-Vent LLC at (919) 702-7087 to get it cleaned as older systems tend to accumulate and recirculate air pollutants and can also lead to premature replacement of parts if left unchecked. You can also contact us here or message us on Facebook.